The incredible top of Mount Roraima, the 1.8 million year old sandstone plateau. It is also called Roraima Tepui or Cerro Roraima. The geological marvel is one of the oldest formations on Earth, a natural border between Venezuela, Brazil and Guyana in South America. The mountain is part of Venezuela’s Canaima National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Angel Falls is also part of this beautiful park. Roraima’s highest point is Maverick Rock at 2,810 meters (9,219 feet). For nature and landscape lovers, Mount Roraima is said to have some of the most fascinating hiking trails in the world.
Why are there no dinosaurs on this plateau? Have they read no fiction at all?
Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper (via psych-facts)
I enjoy solitude, but this is also very true. Feels like my life actually w;A;w THE MARGINAL HOPES… the disappointment. Not that anyone should stop trying, but sometimes you need to take a breather.
1. White: This indicates a desire for simplicity, perfection and purity.
2. Red: This person is usually outgoing and lives life to the full. They are optimistic, hate monotony, and are driven and ambitious. They may also be impulsive or aggressive.
10 Tifa Lockhart quotes from Final Fantasy VII/ Advent Children (Complete)/ Dissidia 012
“Lowlifes… Shameless filthy wretches. How you celebrate my ascension with such joy. Hailing the very one you’ve condemned for generations. Have you no shame? What happened to the evil, ruthless sorceress from your fantasies? The cold-blooded tyrant that slaughtered countless men and destroyed many nations? Where is she now? She stands before your very eyes to become your new ruler. A new era has just begun. This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show. Rest assured, you fools. Your time will come. This is only the beginning. Let us start a new reign of terror. I will let you live a fantasy beyond your imagination. Let us end this ceremony with a sacrifice.”
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, save it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom while showering to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread from going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times.
SLEEPING BEAUTY (1485).
POCAHONTAS (17TH CENTURY POWAHTAN).
CINDERELLA (MID 1860’S)
JASMINE (PRE-ISLAMIC MIDDLE EAST)
SNOW WHITE (16TH CENTURY GERMANY).
BELLE (1770’S FRENCH COURT FASHION).
Megara (Ancient Greece)
Mulan (Ancient China)
Rapunzel (18th Century)
Just thought I’d update this post with the other artworks in the set by Ms. Hummel because I ADORE every last one of these
This is your brain on catnip.